Seats are available to serve your community as a volunteer Trustee (for a 3 year term) on the Board of Trustees of the Royalton Hartland Community Library. As a Trustee, YOU will help shape the Library’s role as a vibrant part of the community now and into the future.
- Be a strong advocate of the library to the community; participate in library activities that promote programs offered by the Library;
- Promote the library in the local community and in society in general;
- Provide support to the Library Director;
- Maintain a facility that meets the library’s and community’s needs;
- Ensure technology services meet the needs of our patrons;
- Create and develop the mission of the library;
- Adopt policies and rules regarding library governance and use;
- Review and develop board policies as needed; establish a budget
Are you interested?
The Royalton Hartland Community Library is seeking qualified applicants to run for the position of Trustee. We anticipate four openings to be filled at the Annual Meeting which will be held on July 10, 2017. Interested persons must be residents of the Royalton Hartland School District and at least 18 years of age. Qualified applicants must be willing to support the mission of the Royalton Hartland Community Library and follow the duties and responsibilities of a trustee as outlined in the Trustee Election Packet.
Those who wish to be considered for these openings must submit a trustee applicant affidavit and a valid petition signed by at least 25 residents of the Royalton Hartland School District in support of their nomination. A voluntary interest sheet is also available that will provide information to the public regarding your qualifications for Trustee.
Trustee election packets are available starting May 1, 2017 at the Front Desk at the Royalton Hartland Community Library at 9 S. Vernon St. in Middleport, NY during normal library hours and online HERE.
Completed trustee election packets must be returned to the Library Director no later than June 10, 2017.
Trustee information packets, including a description of the duties and responsibilities of a Trustee, are available at the library or HERE.
Trustee elections via paper ballot will be conducted at the Annual Meeting of the Royalton Hartland Community Library to be held on Monday, July 10, 2017 at 7:00 PM. You must be present at the Annual Meeting to cast your vote. You must also be a member of the Association (i.e. reside within the Royalton Hartland Central School District for at least 30 days prior to the Annual Meeting, be a citizen of the United States, be at least 18 years of age and not otherwise prohibited from voting under the provision of Section 5-106 of the Education Law) in order to be eligible to vote.